Samtök kvenna af erlendum uppruna á Íslandi
W.O.M.E.N. in Iceland
Do you have a burning desire to be involved issues that affect women of foreign origin and immigrants living in Iceland? Would you be interested in networking with other people, agencies and associations who have the same interest and are working hard on those issues?
W.O.M.E.N in Iceland is now accepting applications for the seats on our board and alternates for our upcoming elections on November 07, 2018.
What is the difference between holding a seat on the board or being an alternate?
The board members and the alternate members sit at the same meetings and discuss all actions the board takes concerning W.O.M.E.N. The board makes the final decisions concerning the association. If a member from the board steps down, one of the alternates, if they agree, will take their seat. Otherwise there is really not much of a difference – we do not treat any member differently than the other. All board members serve a 2 year term.
What might be expected of me as a board member or alternate?
– Get involved with the projects that we are currently working on by assisting their fellow board members and be willing to head up a project in the future if needed
– Be a representative of W.O.M.E.N at meetings and conferences in Iceland and if they can, abroad as well
– Take at least one shift every 4-8 weeks at peer counselling on Tuesday evenings with other members
– Attend board meetings (approximately every 4-6 weeks)
– Take a shift checking email and Facebook page every 7 weeks.
What are the requirements to apply?
-The applicant must be a woman of foreign origin living in Iceland and experience as an immigrant
-Have the ability to read and speak Icelandic (Does not have to be perfect)
-A desire to work on issues concerning women of foreign origin and immigration in Iceland.
How do I apply?
Send an email to email@example.com with the following information no later than on October 30th, 2017:
*Short summary of your experience and objectives for running for the seat (e.g. what goals you would like to achieve as the member of the board)
Please note that all board members and alternates are volunteers.
For more information about our association and our work please refer to our homepage.