W.O.M.E.N. in Iceland works on employment and social issues relating to immigrants and women. Board members cooperate with various organizations, institutions and governmental bodies.
We work in different parts of the country.
• We cooperate and negotiate with other organizations, institutions, and governmental agencies to achieve equality for women of foreign origin, socially and financially, in all sectors of society.
• We work with sister organizations in other countries.
• We try to reach out to and empower women of different backgrounds.
• We want to remove barriers to opportunities and enable women to participate in public and community life, including business.
• We encourage, educate and empower women of different ethnic origin to enable them to support their families effectively during the process of integration.